Want to glide in Portugal? Post here your questions!

You are interested in flying in Portugal, but don't know how? You've come to the right place to ask for informations...

Want to glide in Portugal? Post here your questions!

Mensagempor admin em 02 Jul 2008, 12:02

Hi,

welcome to this forum!

If you are looking for some informations or some tips about gliding activities in Portugal, you have come to the right place! ;)
This forum is meant to be the meeting point of all glider pilots in Portugal, so it is mainly writen in portuguese (in the other topics). But here, you can post in English language all the questions you have in mind about gliding and you can discuss anything related to gliding.

I hope you'll find the answers you need and mostly, hope that you'll get to fly and enjoy flying in Portuguese skies!

Best regards,
The Admin. 8-)
admin
Site Admin

Registado: 29 Abr 2008, 08:13

Re: Want to glide in Portugal? Post here your questions!

Mensagempor mhentzen em 17 Dez 2008, 22:29

Hello

I am a dutch gliderpilot and I would like to fly in Portugal, can anybody tell me where I can do so

Regards

Marius
mhentzen

Registado: 17 Dez 2008, 22:19

Mensagempor Emmanuel em 17 Dez 2008, 22:50

mhentzen Escreveu:Hello

I am a dutch gliderpilot and I would like to fly in Portugal, can anybody tell me where I can do so

Regards

Marius

Hello Marius,

welcome to this forum! :)
In Portugal you may find a few places to fly your glider. I will try to answer your questions while any other user more experienced than me can give you better and more complete answers. If you want to fly with orographic winds you should go to Covilhã airfield (N40.2644 W7.4805. For pure thermal flight, you can go to Evora airfield (N38.5317 W7.8886). There are other fields, very famous, like Mogadouro or Bragança, but I have never been there, so I will let other guys talk about it.
In general, takeoffs are made via an aircraft towing; normally a Rallye (Morane-Saulnier).

For now, I will let you with this information, as I am not the best person to help you. Meanwhile, I will send an alert to other guys that will certainly help you better than me.

Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Apenas vejo dois tipos de planadores no céu: os Blanik e os outros...
Emmanuel

Registado: 29 Abr 2008, 09:05

Mensagempor Emmanuel em 17 Dez 2008, 22:58

Marius,

please take a look at the rest of this forum, as you may find some interesting information. Its in portuguese but some pictures may give an ideia of how things go around here. ;)
Here's a few links:
- at MOGADOURO: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p30
- at COVILHÃ: http://www.airlomba.net/index.php?pag=b ... t=20060409
- at MOGADOURO: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35
- at AVEIRO airfield: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57
- at SINTRA: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44

Cheers,
Emmanuel.
Apenas vejo dois tipos de planadores no céu: os Blanik e os outros...
Emmanuel

Registado: 29 Abr 2008, 09:05

Mensagempor mhentzen em 23 Dez 2008, 13:59

Hello Emanuel

Thanks for the links to soaring sites, I hope to use this the next time I come to Portugal

Regards

Marius
mhentzen

Registado: 17 Dez 2008, 22:19

Voltar para Soaring in Portugal, for non portuguese Gliders

Quem está ligado

Utilizadores a navegar neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 1 visitante